Monday, November 3, 2008

one day at a time

Today has been much better, I woke up with very little pain so I was grateful for that. I have been working out as much as I can and I'm getting much stronger. My toes have been numb now for close to 2 weeks and still remain the same, I've gotten use to it now. I haven't felt it in my fingers yet so I think were all good. I was down and out for a while but emotionally I feel so much better today. I realize that the things that I thought matter sometimes just don't matter at all life is to short for the small stuff. I'm just so happy to be in good enough health to enjoy myself and be able to enjoy my family and friends this thanksgiving. Theres so much to be thankful for. I love you all,Sky

3 comments:

Dae Dreamer said...

I know I must have said it b4. But, Sky, you truly are an inspiration to me. I felt blessed when I "bumped" into and forged a friendship with your Mom here online. Still, I feel so much more blessed having "met" you.

Every day I sweat the small stuff. Every day I see myself take things for granted. Every day I whine about my pain and discomfort with all "little" ailments that age has brought me. Then, I stop by here and I am truly humbled.

You give me perspective and insight and you just glow with love, strength, and courage. You truly are an amazing young man. Thank you for you. ♥

Chris said...

Bumps in the road. You will get over this one, too. One day at a time. Savor each moment and bring them back when your down. I can't wait to hear about your Thanksgiving with family and friends. Always in my prayers.

Lara said...

I am so glad that your spirits are up. That is good that the pain is getting better and at least the numbness hasn't moved to your fingers. You are right, don't sweat the small stuff. You remind me everyday that we shouldn't sweat the small stuff and remember how short life is. I so happy to hear you being happy. We love you, keep up the good spirits.