Sunday, May 10, 2009

last pet scan

as I posted I'm at city of hope now, unfortunately I'm back in the hospital because I got a little sick and all my blood counts were really low. They have been giving me transfusion for the last couple of days and my body has excepted it with no problems. So starting of from a couple months ago, My kaiser doctor had finished up pretty much all the chemo she could give me so they transfered me here to city of hope, I'm so very happy to be here, there a very high ranked cancer hospital. When I got here they ran a new pet scan to see what cancer was alive, they told me that the cancer is gone from my lungs and my lymph nods and my glands. so now were going threw a very hard chemo because my liver hasn't healed enough to do surgery. But it looks like this chemo will do a good job and then I'll do a stem cell transplant and if my brothers blood is a perfect match I should have minimum complications. The transplant isn't very easy I'll be hospitalized for at least 4 to 6 weeks. so the plan is this last chemo then stem cell transplant then surgery which i might be going to the best surgeon for my cancer in our nation, he is located at sloan-kettering in New York. then after they remove all the tumors we will do a whole abdominal radiation. Then its hopefully cancer free. I've been doing good untill yesteday but so far it ust looks like I got a light infection and I should be going home tomorrow. well I'm getting tiered so I'll write back shortly thanks for all the prayers and love, love you all Sky.

7 comments:

Lara said...

Oh babe, I am sorry you are back in the hospital, but if you have an infection that is a good place to be so they can take care of you. I hope you get to go home tomorrow and heal well. Thinking of you everyday and keeping good thoughts. I hope the Trevor's blood is a perfect match, so you will have minimum complications when it comes time for all of that. Thinking of you, love you and miss you so much!

Shelley said...

heard you got a little sick and had to go back to the hospital :( But other than that, i am so glad we have been hearing good news lately. I have really enjoyed seeing you- at carisa's and trevor's and the t-ball games :) we are all going to be looking back at this soon saying "hey sky, remember when you had cancer..." soon it will be be a thing of the past. i can't wait to see what amazing things you do with your life and the amazing things you get to witness in zion's :)
love you and think of you always,
~shell

Megan said...

Sky,

So sorry to hear that you are back in the hospital..I want you to know that you are an amazing strong person.. I know this is hard, but I want you to know that I am here for you; you are on my mind often and in my heart always...I recently bought a new car so I will be down soon to see you...Make room for a Cork Dawg visit :) xoxoxoxox Megs

neffro said...

Glad to hear its left some parts of you, you are very strong mentally and thats how you beat this. Keep fighting, dont give up, and you can do it. I think about you everyday and wish I could give you my health bro, I REALLY DO, .
P S anything you need im always right here for you bro, I love you
Neffro

Amanda Palmquist said...

Im glad that youre out now!! You are an amazing person.. =) Your Aunt Kath and Crys had an idea that when you're done with the treatments you should star in your own reality TV show called Sky of Love.. you can tour around the states with strippers of your choosing ;) lol!
Love you!!

scjaxon said...

your funny amanda

Amanda Palmquist said...

I try